Redeem HBC points for Air Miles
When it comes to Air Miles collecting, I thought I knew most of the tricks. But it’s still possible to learn something new every day! On Thursday night, Coupons from Canada announced a bonus Air Miles coupon for HBC card holders. I read the post and discovered that you can redeem your HBC rewards (earned at The Bay, Home Outfitters, or Zellers) for Air Miles! There are two choices:
1. A weekly automatic redemption OR
2. A one-time redemption. With this option, you need to redeem a minimum of 40,000 HBC Rewards points.
For either option, the conversion is 2000 HBC Rewards points for 1 Air Miles reward mile.
Here is the earning structure of HBC rewards points:
- 50 points for every $1 spent at any HBC store
- 50 points for every $1 charged on your HBC MasterCard
- 100 points for every $1 charged on your HBC MasterCard or HBC Credit Card
I don’t shop too frequently at the HBC family of stores, so I haven’t accumulated a lot of HBC rewards points. The automatic redemption option works well for someone like me, because I can concentrate on building up my Air Miles while optimizing the small amount of rewards points earned through another loyalty program.