Menu plan – week ending April 5, 2012
This week’s menu plan will be based on No Frills grocery deals for the week ending April 5, 2012.
Chicken Florentine Pasta (omitting tomatoes)
- Fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts – $3.44/lb or $7.58/kg
- Saputo Mozzarella cheese 500 g – $3.97
- Campbell’s chicken broth 900 mL – $1.88
- Neilson 10% cream 500 mL – $0.99
- Fresh bunched spinach – $0.88 ea.
Aloo Gobi (Indian-style cauliflower and potato dish)
- Cauliflower – $1.77 ea.
- Fresh Cilantro – $0.88 ea.
- Various spices
- Tilda Basmati rice 4.54 kg – $10.99
Slow Cooker Turkey Leg Pot Roast
- Fresh Turkey drumsticks – $1.88 lb or $4.14/kg
- Carrots, potatoes, onions
Baked/Barbecued Chicken Breast or Chicken Parmigiana
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (see above)
- Kraft BBQ sauce 455 mL – $0.97
Note: If you already have some of the ingredients on hand, (e.g. spices and rice) the total cost of this grocery bill should be less than $60.